Pull data from 2006 mattress transactions and match against the current customer email database.
Determine optimal workflow and timing of emails to correspond with the mattress promotion. To simplify the campaign, we decided to send an initial educational reminder email followed by a second reminder email 6 weeks later (only to customers that didn’t open the first email).
Develop a personal email leveraging past buying data:
- Create an email template with a “non-promotional feel”.
- Use customers’ actual mattress purchase dates to remind them when they purchased.
- Include purchase information in the subject line to make sure that emails were opened.
- Build awareness of the need to replace their mattress every eight years.
- Invite customers to come in to the store using an in-store promotion – A no obligation ‘Test Rest’ with a free gift such as a travel pillow.
Set up a four-month timeframe to pull mattress transactional data to evaluate the success of the promotion.
The fourth-month long campaign succeeded in driving sales and revenue.
- 35 incremental mattress sales
- Generated over $52,000 in sales
- Achieved a 26-to-1 marketing ROI
- Exceeded revenue projections by 430%